Replace Offlajn Universal AJAX Search

More
1 month 1 week ago #2067 by Pere
I have some questions before purchasing the ElasticSearch component:
I was looking for a replacement for Offlajn.com's Universal AJAX Search, which I was successfully using for HikaShop-powered sites. However, as you may know, it has been abandoned and only supports J3.I didn't find any clear demo using only a simple live search module. All the demos I found incorporate this into a full search/filter page.I want to use the Search Module in the Universal AJAX Engine instead of a full classic search page. I need dynamic search on the fly from the HikaShop product list view.Can I achieve this with your ElasticSearch component?
I have to upgrade several sites to Joomla 5 with HikaShop 5, managing from 200 to 40,000 products depending on the site.Do I really need to hire a third-party ElasticSearch server, or will my well-dimensioned MCS server at Rochen manage 40,000 HikaShop products for search?
Regarding HikaShop, I see this is one of many integrations, but when searching for "HikaShop" in your forum, I found zero results. I don't know if anyone is using your product for HikaShop yet.I am concerned about the risk of becoming your guinea pig for HikaShop integration.Can you provide information on HikaShop sites using this so I can check? What is the maturity level of this integration? Does it support product custom fields?Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #2068 by Thanh Nguyen
Hi Pere,

Thank you for interest in our product.
Please find below answers to your questions:

#1. Search module:
If you want to built a simple search module, you can use the layout Dropdown or Modal box , and disable any filters that you don't want to use from the search form.

#2. Elsaticsearch server / service:
If you have dedicated server, you can free download Elasticsearch and install to your server, it's totally free.
But it requires you to have basic knowledge of server setup.

You can also use Hosted Elasticsearch services such as Searchly, Elastic Cloud or AWS OpenSearch.
Please check this quick start guide for more information.

#3. Hikashop support:
There are many our customers successfully integrated Geek ElasticSearch for their stores, including the stores using Hikashop like this one .

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanh Nguyen
Founder & Lead Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.